
I know I've been unable to keep up with this one for awhile. I'm not even sure if this post is appropriate to its original intentions for Wisdom Wednesday. Nevertheless, I hope to strive to do this weekly and faithfully so I can challenge myself and be changed by God's Word as I fulfil my ministry as a mother at home.
Hannah has recently been able to communicate with us by saying words like 'please', 'drop', 'no more', 'no' (this is a frequent one), 'ummm' (meaning to eat), 'kick' and some others I can't recall for now. She is also trying to imitate the words that we speak to her. It is certainly delightful to hear my child communicating with me. Of course, there are times when she utters a whole string of gibberish which I do not understand, but I know she is trying to tell me something. Then I have to play the guessing game. It is frustrating both for her and me when this happens.
Psalm 139I'm so glad my relationship with my Heavenly Father is nothing like that. He know my needs even before I ask Him. He understands my thoughts. In other words, He knows my every move! I can either tremble at that thought in fear when I am sneaky about my doings, or I can find comfort in the fact that God knows me so well I can always depend on Him. I can ask Him for my needs because I know He'll always give me something good, just as I love to give Hannah good things too.
1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
5 You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
I am glad that being a mother has taught me many things about my own relationship with God my Heavenly Father. Our human relationships seems so insignificant when I compare it to the relationship that I have as a child of God.
Matthew 7:7-11
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!


0 comments:
Post a Comment