
Today Hannah had her first taste of watermelon. Before this, she only saw watermelons in books and at the supermarket. Today she saw a watermelon that was sliced and she sunk her teeth into it. As you can see, she loved it.
Tomorrow is my first day as homemaker at home. David kindly reminded me that at long last my ambition has been fulfilled! That is true...I used to tell my friends that my ambition was to be a housewife, to stay home to care for my family. I am privileged in the sense that I'm still staying with my parents-in-law and we have a helper at home to help with the chores and the meals. I cannot imagine doing everything on my own yet, as much as I am eager to have my own home in the near future.
I am truly excited to work with the time God has blessed me with. There is so much to do. I need to spend some time setting up a proper routine. I would also like to be accountable with my time and not squander it away just because I am no longer working outside the home.
For now I am just thankful I do not have to wake at 6am every morning to get to school on time. I do not have to say goodbye to my sleeping daughter, or send her to my mom's in the morning. I do not have to (and should not) grumble about not having enough rest because of trying hard to juggle between family and work. I realise not every working mother can take such a step as easily as me. I see my colleagues struggle and they envy my decision. So I must be thankful that God has and will always provide for our family as we honour Him.


0 comments:
Post a Comment