Wednesday, January 14, 2009

:: All Smiles ::



















Such a lovely photo of Hannah and her Po Po by my younger brother. It is indeed rare to get a full smile and her looking directly at the camera. Sometimes looking at Hannah now and how she's grown leaves me speechless. And whenever I look at her I am reminded that she is indeed a good and perfect gift from God.
If I have to 'give up' my passion for teaching in school and devote my time to training her to know and love God, then I must never turn back or feel bad about leaving a seemingly promising career. There are days when I step in and out of the classroom and feel so satisfied just teaching and being with my students. It is difficult to describe, but the feeling unsettles me and I wonder (again and again) if it's right to leave it all and stay at home. I know it is, because it is my God-given duty to do so. I cannot and will not look back.
Having said that, I miss Hannah quite abit as school begins again. 2-3 hours a day with her is simply not enough for instruction in righteousness. Thankfully it won't last long.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that I understand how sometimes it is tempting to "look back" as you say. The job we have as moms is so precious, you cannot put a price or salary on it. Hannah will reap all the benefit of your selflessness. Keep training her in godliness.