It was a fulfilling trip to the library today. It wasn't in the plan to go, but we dropped by. Hannah read mostly monkey books (it's her favourite animal for now). I haven't been to the library for awhile. Firstly, I always end up paying fines because I don't make enough effort to return my books on time. Secondly, I know I can't finish reading most of the books I borrow anyway.
I was pleased with the variety of books offered on loan there mainly because 2 of them cannot be found in the bookstores over here. My mother-in-law ordered The New First Three Years (White) through Amazon and it was costly to have it shipped here. It's generally an informative book about the physical, mental and emotional development of babies in their first 3 years of life. It is helpful but as with all books in general, I wouldn't recommend all their suggested methods. Don't Make Me Count to Three (Plowman) was a book I was curiously interested in but I didn't find it in the bookshops, so it was a pleasant surprise to find it on the library shelves. The other 2 are just books I intend to browse.
I'm looking forward to some reading! Oh and my sis-in-law brought back 3 scrapbook magazines from Australia too! :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment