It was the last of 3 modules for that course, so skipping it even though I was on no-pay leave would be really troublesome because it's a course that leads on to a post graduate diploma etc and they wouldn't be having another one in the near future...so I decided I'd better go.
It was especially difficult to leave Hannah with my mom-in-law and my mom because she suddenly developed a 'sticky mommy syndrome' the friday before. This means that Hannah will scream her lungs out at all costs if she doesn't get her way. The moment she's in my arms, she stops immediately and behaves as if nothing even happened. sigh. So anyway, on hindsight, Hannah was quite happy without me in the day. I guess it's 'out of sight, out of mind' for babies. Now the syndrome occurs usually in the evening.
The 3 day course far far away in NIE was a taste of working life again. Away from baby and home was quite a challenge. I was physically in the course but my mind was really miles away. I wonder how I'll ever adjust to teaching life back at school...where I have to wake at 6am (or even earlier?) and probably get home in the evening, only to spend just a little time with Hannah before she sleeps at 10pm, and I get on with work again. Surely this is not the way God intended life to be for mommies. I strongly feel that we don't give birth to children only to have them taken care of by others while we slog away in the working world.
In conclusion, I am still seeking God's direction for my life with regards to work and family priorities.
It was especially difficult to leave Hannah with my mom-in-law and my mom because she suddenly developed a 'sticky mommy syndrome' the friday before. This means that Hannah will scream her lungs out at all costs if she doesn't get her way. The moment she's in my arms, she stops immediately and behaves as if nothing even happened. sigh. So anyway, on hindsight, Hannah was quite happy without me in the day. I guess it's 'out of sight, out of mind' for babies. Now the syndrome occurs usually in the evening.
The 3 day course far far away in NIE was a taste of working life again. Away from baby and home was quite a challenge. I was physically in the course but my mind was really miles away. I wonder how I'll ever adjust to teaching life back at school...where I have to wake at 6am (or even earlier?) and probably get home in the evening, only to spend just a little time with Hannah before she sleeps at 10pm, and I get on with work again. Surely this is not the way God intended life to be for mommies. I strongly feel that we don't give birth to children only to have them taken care of by others while we slog away in the working world.
In conclusion, I am still seeking God's direction for my life with regards to work and family priorities.


0 comments:
Post a Comment